Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to Divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a Divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply – ask us
Not already Rescue Diver certified with over 40 logged dives? No problem! Please contact us for more information regarding course combo options and pricing based on your current certification and experience level.
Please note that any student wanting to participate in e-Learning with PADI should check availability with Corn Island Dive Center ahead of time, to ensure your course can be completed during your stay. What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
Diver safety and risk management
Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
Business of diving and your career
Awareness of the dive environment
Dive setup and management
Mapping an open water site
Conducting dive briefings
Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What SCUBA gear will you use?
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. How long does it take?
The PADI Divemaster course can be done in as little as 4-6 weeks, we recommend 6-8 weeks to complete the course. Please contact us for more information about course schedules.
How much does it cost? $900 USD including all equipment rental, PADI Divemaster crew pack, and boat excursions.
* Price is based on the candidate already being a PADI Rescue Diver with current EFR (or equivalent first aid training) with at least 40 logged dives. * * Price does not include additional PADI application and membership fees, please contact us for details. *
* Please note any person wishing to participate in a PADI course or experience is required to fill out an RSTC Medical Statementprior to any in-water activities. If you answer "YES" to any of the medical questions, then you will require written permission from a Doctor, using the attached form, to participate in any PADI course or experience. *
* PADI Standards states that each student have a personal set of current PADI materials for study and use during the course and for reference afterward, to include, at a minimum, the course manual (book, digital or app version) unless unavailable in a language understood by the student diver. *
* All certified divers will be required to show proof of certification prior to diving. Some agencies (such as PADI) can be verified online *
* It is highly recommended to have travel insurance, or specific dive accident insurance such as Divers Alert Network (D.A.N.) that can be purchased online here prior to your trip. According to D.A.N.'s recommendations regarding flying after diving, please allow for at least 18 hours before flying in an airplane after scuba diving *